Terms & Conditions
If any details on your Booking Form are incorrect then please inform us immediately. Blue Leaf Event Hire will only accept changes to an order from the Hirer via email or post.
Any bookings that are not carried out due to incorrect information on the above forms will require full payment.
If at the time of set up we discover that the chairs are not the ones as confirmed by the Hirer or by a delegated member of staff at your venue then this may result in your ordered covers not fitting. In this instance, refunds are not possible and any outstanding payments are still due. To avoid this situation, we ask that you keep us updated if your venue replaces their chairs.
Placing an Order
Your booking form needs to be completed and returned with your deposit. The amount of deposit required can be found on your booking form. The deposit reserves covers, sashes and our service for your event. The damage deposit covers the cost of replacing any items that are permanently stained, damaged or lost. They are charged at full market value plus VAT and postage. Deposits are refunded (minus any damage costs) within 30 days.
Final numbers and cleared payment is due 1 month before your event date.
All damage deposit cheques are cashed for security purposes.
Collection, Set-up and Delivery
We will deliver and set-up the chair covers either the night before the event or on the morning of the event depending on what your venue will allow. We will return the next working day after your event to remove and collect the covers and sashes.
We are currently VAT exempt so you do not have to pay any VAT on your order.
Cancellation will result in the forfeit of the deposit and any monies paid.
Definitions by Law
By Owner, we mean The Owner, Blue Leaf Event Hire, Fieldside, Esless Lane, Rhostyllen, Wrexham LL144DG
We will thus be referred to as The Owner.
'We' 'Us' and 'Our' means the Supplier of the Goods.
'You or 'Your' means the Hirer of Goods.
'Goods' means all goods hired by us to you.
1) All equipment remains the property of The Owner.
2) During the period of hire, The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods and insuring the goods.
3) The Owner shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
4) The contract for the hire of goods is between Blue Leaf Event Hire and the hirer, not the venue unless goods are being hired directly by the venue. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. Blue Leaf Event Hire will charge the Hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the Hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue if the venue was at fault.
5) A Refundable Security Deposit is payable in addition to the hire charges, to cover shortages and damages to hired goods.
6) Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value inclusive of VAT and delivery to The Owner. No substitute item will be accepted by The Owner.
7) The Owner will inform The Hirer within 30 days, in writing of any damages and costs concerning any of the Hired Goods. An invoice will be sent outlining amount of damage and costs exceeding the Security Deposit.
8) The Security Deposit, minus any deductions for loss or damage will be returned within 30 days of Hire date.
9) The Hirer shall inspect the Goods and sign the collection note.
10) In the event of shortages or damage The Hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at time of collection. If the Hirer fails to do this, The Goods will be deemed to be delivered in correct condition.
11) Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted delivery/collection by the courier and The Owner where the venue/hirer/customer is at fault.
12) Goods must be packed in the boxes they were delivered in. If there is more than one box, the items should be divided equally between the boxes to stay within specific Courier weight limits. Charges made by Courier for incorrect weights will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
13) Charges will be made for any goods left in plastic bags.
14) Charges will be made for any damaged goods including goods that have been dragged on the floor, ground in earth stains, burns, holes, rips and tears, candle wax, grease or deep staining.
15) Only non-drip, smoke-free, non-toxic candles provided by Blue Leaf Event Hire should be used with the candelabra. Charges will be made for any candelabra returned damaged, dented, permanently tarnished or heavily covered in melted wax. Charges will also be made for replacement boxes. Replacement of goods is charged at cost of goods plus VAT and delivery.
16) Damaged goods remain the property of Blue Leaf Event Hire.
17) If goods are not returned at the end of the agreed hire period Blue Leaf Event Hire retain the right to charge for:
17a) The cost of replacement goods to honour any bookings where the goods are required.
17b) The cost of replacement goods where hired items are permanently not returned.
17c) An additional hire period, charged at the cost of hire per item per week or part week. E.G. If 50 chair covers have been hired at £2.75 each, the additional weekly / part weekly charge will be £2.49 x 50 = £137.50 per week or part week.
17d) Additional courier collections charged at actual courier cost.
18) All replacement goods will be charged at the cost of goods including VAT and delivery.
19) Goods that are to be collected and returned by the hirer must be collected and returned to the agreed office on the agreed dates otherwise charges will be made as stated in points 17a,17b, 17c and 18.
20) Cancellation will result in the forfeit of the deposit and any monies paid.
Whilst all care and diligence has been exercised in the compilation of this website we acknowledge that the web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the web site publication.
Blue Leaf Event Hire can accept no responsibility for loss or damage resulting from reliance upon any data contained herein.
Blue Leaf Event Hire are committed to the continuous development our product range and services and therefore reserve the right to withdraw any of the items detailed on this web site at anytime without prior notice.
By placing an order with Blue Leaf Event Hire you are accepting these terms & conditions.